Nerium International is a company that celebrated their opening in September 2011, and has a management team with extensive MLM history.
They came to the forefront by introducing a skin care product that is extracted from the Nerium oleander plant. What makes this interesting is that, in its purest form, this plant is poisonous for human consumption. Somehow, Nerium International has discovered a way to harness the extract of this plant and make it something of beauty; something to enhance ones’ beauty. They’ve created an anti-aging cream from the Nerium oleander plant.
Don’t get me wrong here:
I applaud Jeff Olson for what he has done with Nerium International.
However, I will voice some of my concerns in this Nerium International review. This review will cover the “12 Critical Success Factors in Choosing an MLM Program”, as they way I see it with Nerium International:
- Company track record – Nerium International, as previously stated, has only been around since September 2011. After checking the Better Business Bureau website, they don’t seem to have any complaints placed against them as of this writing. In their defence, they are a fairly young company, so it make take some time for this to happen. Only time will tell!
- Financial strength – As I previously stated, they are a young company, so I cannot comment on Nerium International’s financial stability.
- Strong management – Here is where Nerium International is very strong. Jeff Olson is their Founder and CEO. He was very successful in many of his previous MLM companies. He was Founder of The People’s Network and a top leader in Pre Paid Legal. He exemplifies MLM leadership, and I would say that that he gives me a good “vibe” with what he has done for the MLM industry. He is definitely somebody that I would trust my future with.
- Unique consumable products – This is one area that I can’t seem to shake a bit of uneasiness. There are many companies that have anti-aging and skin care products; in fact, too many of these companies exist. What does make it different is its main ingredient: the Nerium oleander. As I previously stated, the Nerium oleander plant is, in its purest form, poisonous for human consumption. To make something that will accentuate someone’s beauty out of something like this is an amazing accomplishment! My concern with a product such as this, being an anti-aging cream, is that really caters to mainly women.
- Competitive pricing – I am not knowledgeable in this area, so I can’t make a comment on whether it is “competitively priced”.
- High reorder rate – I am not in Nerium International’s “Partnership Program”, so I can’t make any fair statements as to reorder rates. My only concern is that customers will probably not be reordering this product on a monthly basis, thus affecting your residual income.
- Low attrition – Just as I previously stated in my last sentence, it is unknown how often a customer or “partner” may reorder the product.
- Low personal production requirement – You must be able to maintain 200 PQV in Retail Sales to Personal Customers or 80 PQV from a Personal Auto-Delivery Order (ADO). This is fair for the average Network Marketer, as it as fairly easy to attain this on a monthly basis.
- Low entry costs – You can get started with Nerium International for as little as $80.00 (plus shipping), without any distributor kit. I say this because some companies make it mandatory to also purchase a distributor kit when joining as a distributor.
- Timing vs. trend – Many of the foods that we eat today contain harmful chemicals and preservatives, thus affecting our skin. Here therein defines a need for an anti-aging product. But, as I previously stated, there are many other MLM companies that have anti-aging and skin care products; in fact, too many of these companies exist.
- Legal, fair, balanced compensation– There are a few areas that I take exception to with respect to Nerium International’s compensation plan. First, their “Lexus Bonus” program may be structured to penalize somebody with a “less than favourable” credit rating. If you cannot qualify for the “Lexus Bonus” (due to a bad credit rating or some other reason), then you will lose up to $1000 per month in bonuses. That isn’t exactly fair for the “Average Joe” if they cannot “drive off the lot” with the Lexus. Second, they are taking aspects from other company’s compensation plans with their “3URFree”. Nerium International is not the first program to have this incentive in their compensation plan. Third, there is at least one area that the Nerium International compensation plan mimics the compensation plan of their competitors. The payout is exactly the same with regards to the amount of commissions paid in relation to the amount of personal qualification volume. Finally, the team commissions paid is significantly lower than many companies on the lower levels (i.e. levels 7 and 8). Where Nerium International only pays 2% on these 2 levels respectively, some companies pay up to 5% respectively. All that aside, Nerium International does have a portion of their compensation plan that is pretty darned amazing, and there’s no other company that I’ve seen has this. It’s called “Endless Cost-Free Inventory”, and it’s very simple to explain. Every time a rep signs up a new customer or a new rep, they get paid, but they also get another bottle of NeriumAD free that they can use for samples or sell for $80 to $110. This is a great way for even the part-timer to get into profit quickly.
- No risk – With any MLM company, there are certain risks involved. The amount of money made is proportional to the time invested.
In summary, though Nerium International has a very strong Management Team, I feel that there are certain issues that I have addressed that make me say that Nerium International is a company that I cannot do business with. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but
I feel that these above issues make Nerium International a “deal breaker” for me.